The Street Soccer Foundation runs The Street Soccer Academy: a 10-week personal development course for young people, delivered weekly for 10 consecutive weeks at a time.
The course is a fully structured employability-driven programme delivered in Kent in partnership with GILLINGHAM FC. The Street Soccer Foundation is registered on the UK Register of Learning Providers (UKPRN: 10065113).
Upon graduating the Street Soccer Academy our core aim is to improve the health and well-being of course participants and to improve overall confidence and motivation to want to improve their current situation. More ideally, we aim to help individuals secure at least one of five progressive pathways, and to mentally equip them with the right skills to become an asset to an employer. The 5 pathways are: a) Job; b) Education / Further Training; c) Traineeship; d) Apprenticeship; or e) Voluntary.
The Street Soccer Academy has received national acclaim from the likes of The Premier League, PFA, FA, the BBC and ITV. The free course provides young people aged 18-24 with a weekly mix of professional Football coaching and Employability Workshops. Participants benefit from:
- Improved health and fitness, and overall well-being and confidence
- Help creating a CV plus learning effective interview techniques
- One-to-One career and job opportunity advice
- Testing of functional skills in Mathematics and English
- Opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Award & First Aid Certification
- A private ‘behind closed doors’ Stadium Tour at Gillingham FC
- Free lunch each day and a full kit and tracksuit to wear throughout
- Chance to progress into a job, win a Traineeship, or secure a voluntary role as an official Young Ambassador of The Street Soccer Foundation.
To learn more or to apply to join our next available Academy course, please email our team at: [email protected] or telephone our Academy Director, Keith Mabbutt: 07790 570 766.