If you have a passion for Sports and are unsure how to progress your career inn this sector this is the ideal programme for you.The Level 2 Combined Sports & Leisure Traineeship Programme is an 18 week programme which will give you invaluable life skills and experience to help you secure employment in the Sports, Leisure and fitness industry.
You will attend our sports & leisure training centre working towards a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Exercise and Physical Activity for Children and a Level 2 Award in Employability Skills on a Wednesday & Friday each week to complete the practical & knowledge elements .
In most cases you will have met the employer before the programme starts or they will interview you within the first 4 weeks of the programme. You will complete a minimum of 8 hours each week in the work place over 3 days on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday which will offer you the chance to practice the sports activity & employability skills that you will have learnt with us whilst training. Once you have completed the first 8 weeks your assessor will contact our network of Sports and leisure employers to arrange interviews and work trials with a view to progressing to the apprenticeships they have advertised.
This will give you the opportunity to demonstrate to your work place employer the skills that you can offer their individual business and the classroom based delivery will give you the skills to progress into work or an apprenticeship. The work placement will give you the chance to gain invaluable work place experience which employers look for with a high possibility of moving onto their apprenticeship they are advertising once complete.
At the end of the 18 weeks the employer will then decide if they are happy for you to move onto the full apprenticeship. This training opportunity will give you the necessary stepping stones that will lead into full time employment, advanced apprenticeships, self- employment and much more.
What you will learn on the course:-
- Understanding mindset – you will learn about what mindset qualities are important and attractive to employers and how you can develop your own mindset qualities including honesty, commitment, flexibility and accountability to help achieve your job goals
- Understanding motivation – you will learn about what motivates and demotivates individuals in a place of work and research how local companies motivate their workforce and reflect on how this impacts on the business and its performance
- Managing a project – you will plan and set up a project, organizing, tasks, roles and responsibilities within your team whilst monitoring progress, problem solving and
- communication. You will then evaluate your project once completed including the performance of your team members and yourself as a project manager
- Working in a team – you will demonstrate your ability to work constructively within a team ensuring you perform your tasks in a manner that ensures group success. You will use a range of techniques, including verbal and non-verbal to facilitate team discussions and work on your ability to compromise and show empathy for others.
- Understanding your customers looking at customers specific needs and learning what their expectations are within your work place setting and how you would meet these expectations
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment - It is the aim of this unit to develop your knowledge and understanding of how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Sports, Fitness & Leisure Qualification
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise - It is the aim of this unit to develop your knowledge and understanding of the anatomy and physiology relating to exercise programming for apparently healthy adults of all ages.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health - It is the aim of this unit to develop your knowledge and understanding of safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity - The aim of this unit is to develop your knowledge and understanding of how to support clients and provide ongoing customer service. You will also develop the skills to support clients taking part in exercise and physical activity.
- Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children - It is the aim of this unit to develop the knowledge and understanding that you need to be able to plan structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range.
- Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to - It is the aim of this unit to develop the skills and knowledge you need to be able to deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity sessions for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range.
If you did not achieve math’s and English GCSE grades A-C or grade 4-9 at school or college our programme will also help you to improve your math’s & English functional skills, which will prepare you for the apprenticeship or job requirements once your traineeship is complete.
This is the ideal programme to start you on your way to a career in Sports Coaching. At the end of the programme you will be interviewed by your work experience employer who will give who you a written reference, at the very least, if you haven’t secured employment or apprenticeship with them. You will also be able to apply for vacancies with TNB Skills and other outside agencies with much more confidence and have work experience and certificates to verify your skills in the sports and fitness sector which most employers will look for on your CV.
To support candidates on this programme TNB Skills Training will pay towards travel costs, if you live outside a 4-mile radius of the training centre, to a maximum of £500 for the duration of the course if you do not qualify for the Government bursary which is means tested support.