If you have a passion for Hair and struggling to find an apprenticeship or employment in the sector that you want to work in this programme will will give you invaluable life skills and experience to help you secure employment or an apprenticeship in the Hair industry.The programme is scheduled to take place over a 15 week period and in most cases will be with an employer that is looking for an apprentice or the apprenticeship you have either applied for or have shown an interest in.
You will be working towards a Level 2 Award in Employability Skills and a Level 2 Certificate in Hair & Beauty Skills and for this will attend our training centre for two days per week classroom based learning, delivered on a Wednesday and Thursday of each week for 15 weeks. The classroom based delivery will give you skills to progress into work much easier by learning skills in:
- Understanding mindset – you will learn about what mindset qualities are important and attractive to employers and how you can develop your own mindset qualities including honesty, commitment, flexibility and accountability to help achieve your job goals
- Understanding motivation – you will learn about what motivates and de-motivates individuals in a place of work and research how local companies motivate their workforces and reflect on how this impacts on the business and its performance
- Problem solving in a place of work – you will describe problems that can arise in a workplace relating to people, tasks and resources and the impact they can have on the business and then plan the ways in which you would deal with these problems comparing different methods for solving them and explaining the most effective method for each giving reasons to justify your choice
- Interview Skills – you will develop a personal career plan and assess your own prospects against potential opportunities whilst completing job application forms and covering letters and reviewing how they could be improved
- Health, safety and security in the workplace – you will learn about health and safety legislation and how it affects practices and impacts on a place of work, you will also need to demonstrate that you can behave appropriately and safely in a place of work
The Sector Skills you will learn on the course
- Basic manicure – You will learn basic hand massage, file shape and paint.
- Basic skin care – You will learn basic facials including cleanse, tone and moisturise.
- Shampoo and treat hair - You will learn the types of products used and how shampoo and treatments work on the hair.
- Blow dry and finish hair - You will learn the effects of different blow-drying techniques on the hair.
- Follow health & safety practice in the salon- Including legislation, codes of practice, workplace policies, hazards and risks.
- Create a basic beauty image based on a theme – you will plan for and then create an image based on a theme of your choice to include hair, nails and make-up.
Within your first 2 weeks you will be introduced to your work experience employer, who is normally local to where you live. You will complete approximately 12 hours of work experience each week over 3 days Tuesday, Friday or Saturday for 15 weeks which will offer you the chance to learn and practice relevant Hair sector skills. You will also put into practice the employability skills that you will have achieved through your training at TNB Skills, whilst gaining the sector experience that employers are looking for as well as improving your confidence, communication skills and life skills that will set you up for future challenges & improving your ability to find employment or apprenticeship.This will give you the opportunity to demonstrate to your workplace employer the skills that you can offer their individual business as well as the chance to attend an interview with your employer at the end of the traineeship with a view to moving onto any job or apprenticeship opportunities they may have once you have completed your traineeship.
Additionaly If you did not achieve math’s and English GCSE grades 1-9 or grades A-C at school or college our traineeship programme will also help you to improve your math’s & English levels which will prepare you for the apprenticeship or job requirements once your traineeship is complete.
If you are passionate about Hairdressing, this is the ideal training opportunity that will support and give you the skills necessary to fulfil your career aspirations to lead into full time employment, intermediate or advanced apprenticeships and much more in the sector of your choice.
At the end of the programme you will be interviewed by your work experience employer who will give you a written reference, at the very least, if you haven’t secured employment or apprenticeship with them.You will be able to apply for vacancies with TNB Skills and other outside agencies with much more confidence and have work experience and certificates to verify your skills in your chosen sector, which most employers will look for on your CV.
Financial Assistance (if applicable)
To support candidates on this programme TNB Skills Training will pay towards travel costs, if you live outside a 4 mile radius of the training centre for the duration of the course if you do not qualify for the Government bursary which is means tested support.