Bespoke course for a variety of skills, Business & Enterprise through to Job interview and CV preparation
Students attend one day per week. The course provides great flexibility to include required learning and is easily adapted for those students who have special educational needs. On completion of the course we aim that students will be inspired to engage in further educational programmes; they will also take home their completed personally designed skateboard ready to ride or sell as the start for their own enterprise project. There is also the opportunity for students to move onto the intermediate course.
- Induction to the course and the design and History of the skateboard design.
- Group deck press and initial design work. Brand development.
- Artwork, spray painting, stencils, hand drawn.
- Job interview and CV preparation.
- Finishing art work and grip art. Assembly, gripping, bearings, wheels and trucks.
- Preparation and planning for skate event, and future progression.
The course is bespoke to the student encompassing the skills they need to flourish, they can progress on to the intermediate course for further deck building and entreprenerial experience and an ASDAN Qualification or for students to re enter full time education or employment.
This course can be used as a re-engagement tool for PRU students and NEETS. The FAR Academy is wheelchair accessible and caters for all abilities.