When do I need to register as a young person?
- You need to register when you want to apply for a course. You can view everything on the website without an account, including all of the courses on offer, but you must register to apply.
Do I need to activate my account?
- Yes, you will get an email when you register. Follow the link in the email to activate your account. If you have a support worker helping you use the website the activation email can be sent to their email address.
I have more than one support worker, which one should I put on the registration form?
- Put the support worker who is helping you use Ready to Work Kent on the registration form.
I need more information about a course, who do I ask?
- If the course description does not have all the information you need try clicking 'view profile'. This tells you more about the training provider, including a contact number you can call to speak to someone about the course.
Will this course affect my benefits?
- This depends on the course and your circumstances. Contact the training provider or your benefits advisor to talk about your options.
Is there any financial assistance?
- This depends on the course and your circumstances. Contact the training provider to find out what financial assistance they offer.
There are no courses in my area, what do I do?
- Use our contact form to send us a message. We will help you find training opportunities in your area.
I'm a support worker, how do I register?
- You do not need to register. You can view all of the content on this website without an account, including all of the courses on offer.
Can I register on behalf of a young person I'm working with?
- As long as the young person consents to you using their personal information to register to the website, yes. The account will need to be activated via an email link, but there is an option to redirect the email to the support worker's email address.
Should I register as a training provider if I do not offer any courses?
- No, training provider profiles are for providers to post courses, news and events that will help young people. You can view all of the content on the website without an account. If you do offer training, but you are not sure if it is suitable, contact us and we will advise you.
How is my information used?